Summary of Services
MediationMediators help people have the conversations they need to have so that they can make decisions, understand the other and move forward. Mediation is available for:
- Separation and Divorce,
- Elders, Families and Communities,
- Families for custody/visitation/child support, parent/teen disputes,
- Small claims including landlord/tenant, consumer/merchant and others,
- Workplace between employees, employee/supervisor,
- Agricultural disputes for farm family succession, neighbors, lenders business partners and others,
- Special Education between parents and the school regarding a child’s educational plan.
TrainingWhether training managers to enhance effective communication, training teens to mediate for their peers, or training new mediators, the Mediation Center offers training for:
- 35 hour basic transformative mediation training for volunteers and professionals (36 CLE credits available),
- Conflict resolution and mediation training for youth in schools, after-school and other programs/groups,
- Communicating effectively in the Workplace and other conflict resolution training for organizations.
We create engaging, interactive training to meet your goals.
FacilitationMediation Center facilitators help groups, large and small, prioritize, plan and decide next steps. Facilitation is available for:
- Community conversations,
- Conference breakout groups.
- Civic club meetings,
- Community Days,
- Career and Health Fairs,
- Staff meetings